Thursday, October 14, 2010

What to blog about...hmmmm!

I am trying to blog every other week with something for you to blog about. But...right now I am at a loss for what to blog about. I just finished parent-teacher conferences! Yea! Glad those are over. Thank you to all parents who came by to see me. Not too many!

So as I was sitting in the cold cafeteria, what were you doing? Did you just blow off the day and say hey, the weather is great I am out of here? In a comment to my blog, let me know what you did Thursday afternoon as I dutifully waited for parents to arrive.

In your blog today, tell me your feelings about parent-teacher conferences. The move these days is to go to conferences that are actually run by the student. This might work at the elementary level, but kind of difficult at our level. I usually like it better if the kid isn't there, but research says that it is a much better conference if the student tells their parent (in front of the teacher) how they are doing in the class. The only benefit I see is that all those notes that parents jot down on a small piece of paper wouldn't be necessary and the student probably would understand better what their parent was trying to tell them. So, should we have students required to come? Would you come? I, personally, find parent-teacher conferences grueling and nerve racking. But I am always glad to see who comes by my way. I wish lots more parents would be involved in their child(ren)'s education and stop on by conferences. Do you think all parents should come to conferences? Did your parents stop by?

On another item...you MUST use correct spelling in your blogs. You know those words that get underlined in red??? Yup, they are misspelled. Run spell check or right click on them!! Also, when you use the work "I", it is ALWAYS capitalized! Try it, you will like it. Have a great day blogging and then it is off to Photoshop. Gotta love Photoshop!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment